Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Paired with Two-Bean Toss#460590, and with a roll of bread, this makes for a complete meal.
Make and share this Peppered Flank Steak and Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced red and yellow tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, and mix.
- Rub spice mixture over both sides of steak.
- Place steak on a grill, and grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Combine diced tomatoes and remaining ingredients .
- Serve salsa over steak.
Excellent steak! I could not find flank steak so I used "flat iron" steak which is really tender and lean. We enjoyed the salsa -- used some home grown tomatoes from the Farmer's Market. This dish is great with a salad and twice-baked potatoes. Great summer grilling choice. Made for PRMR, July, 2013.
This was very good! Our grill was having issues so I had to use the broiler, but no matter, it turned out tender and delicious and the salsa was perfect. We wrapped the meat and salsa in tortillas for a tasty dinner. Thanks for posting!