1/1 Photo of Peppered Filet Mignon With Mushroom Wine Sauce
My husband and I were at a wedding reception at a very posh country club. He was served the most marvelous fillet mignon there, I opted for the chicken. It was my mission then to find this recipe and make a duplicate. He only allowed me a bite of steak the size of a grape with a small amount of sauce on it (and that was grudgingly). The last place I thought I would find a good steak recipe was Cooking Light, but there it was! Now when we need to impress, we serve this recipe. It tastes like a dish you'd be served at a five-star Hotel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 filet mignon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Wine Mushroom Sauce
- 1Prepare Mushroom wine Sauce first and set aside: Combine Mushrooms and flour in a bowl and toss to coat and set aside.
- 2In a medium skillet, combine wine, shallots, and balsamic vinegar.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- 4Reduce heat.
- 5Add broth, Worcestershire, tomato paste, and rosemary, stir to combine and cook 1 minute.
- 6Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- 7Stir in mustard.
- 8Serve sauce over Filet Mignon.
- 9Fillet Mignon: Sprinkle steak with crushed black pepper and salt.
- 10Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat or grill over a medium heat.
- 11Cook steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side until fillet is cooked the way you like it.
- 12Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Filet Mignon With Mushroom Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 563.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet mignon steaks