Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice vegetarian dish.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 3⁄4 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 (13 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the eggplant slices with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the pepper and garlic salt.
- Coat each slice with the bread crumbs.
- Broil about 4" to 5" from the heat, 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the oven, set aside and set the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9" baking dish.
- Top with the eggplant slices, then the remaining sauce, red-pepper flakes and red peppers.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through and the cheese is browned.