Audrey M's Note:
A nice vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 3/4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 (13 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Brush the eggplant slices with the olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle with the pepper and garlic salt.
- 4Coat each slice with the bread crumbs.
- 5Broil about 4" to 5" from the heat, 5 minutes on each side.
- 6Remove from the oven, set aside and set the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- 7Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9" baking dish.
- 8Top with the eggplant slices, then the remaining sauce, red-pepper flakes and red peppers.
- 9Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- 10Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through and the cheese is browned.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 1206.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese