Recipe by Kikai's Kitchen
I'm rarely crabby but I DO love crabs! - and this is an easy way of fixing them. Works with prawns too!
- 3 pieces crabs or 15 pieces shell-on king prawns
- 6 pieces garlic cloves, crushed & chopped
- 6 pieces shallots, chopped
- 2 pieces dried chilies
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- salt and pepper, to season
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lard or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for stir frying
- cooking oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Season crabs or prawns with black pepper, salt and corn flour.
- Deep fry until almost done and set aside.
- Heat wok and add cooking oil. Stir-fry the garlic, shallots, chili, ginger, onions and black pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add crabs/prawns then fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the spring onion then cover the wok to cook for another minute.
- Serve hot.
- TIP: You might want to cracked the shells and the pincers of the crabs a little bit after deep frying so it will absorb the flavor when you sauté it with the rest of the ingredients.