Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My DH's fav.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh corn or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the corn, red pepper and onions.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir into corn mixture.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until blended.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
Way yummy. The flavor of fresh corn, peppers and green onion seasoned with cumin was incredible. They were slightly crunchy on the outside and formed into a small patty. Colorful and delicious. I served these with grilled flank steak. Thanks Nurse Di :)
easy recipe, and quite delicious I was biting into one as the others cooked;)
Oooh yum! I just love these. I easily made them gluten-free, just like the corn pancakes in this recipe: http://everything-tasty.blogspot.com/2010/07/smoked-salmon-on-corn-pancakes-anne.html Next time, I'd like to try using a mildly spicy pepper: poblano, maybe? Many thanks for the great end-of-summer recipe.