Recipe by Manami
This chicken is awesome! It has all the ingredients I love. BBCGoodFood.com. It is easy and makes a very nice presentation.
- 3 ounces watercress
- 2 tablespoons black pepper boursin cheese
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, bone-in
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb new potato
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 356ºF.
- Chop a handful of watercress, then mix into the cheese.
- Make a finger-tip length cut into the thick end of the chicken, pushing the knife two-thirds of the way through the breast.
- Poke your fingers into the incision and loosen the chicken to create a hole.
- Stuff with the Boursin mix, then wrap tightly with bacon.
- Lift onto a baking tray and roast for 25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is golden.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15 mins or until tender.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes together with some more watercress and any juices from the chicken spooned over.
- *PEPPERED CREAM CHEESE:.
- To make your own soft cream cheese with pepper, crush whole black peppercorns using a pestle and mortar, then blend with soft cheese, such as Philadelphia, goat's cheese or ricotta.*.