1/6 Photos of Peppered Chicken With Lemon-mushroom-wine Sauce
Trisha W's Note:
This is a recipe I have created for the RSC Contest for Winter 2005. I have made it a couple of times, modifying it some the second time. It is good served with pasta and vegetables. I hope you enjoy it. I think it will be low in calories also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1/3 cup shallot, chopped
- 5 -6 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups white wine, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1Saute the shallots and mushroom in 1 T of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- 2Add 1 cup of wine and 3/4 C of chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Remove the mushroom from the sauce to a small bowl.
- 4Increase heat to high, cooking the wine mixture until it reduces to about 1/2 C (about 5-6 minutes), then pour over the mushrooms.
- 5Decrease heat to medium high, sprinkle pepper generously over the chicken pieces and cook in 1 T of butter, in the same skillet, covered, for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is done.
- 6Place on a platter and keep warm.
- 7Add 1/2 C of wine and the rest of the broth to the skillet and deglaze, boiling for about 1 minute.
- 8Combine the cornstarch and lemon juice and add to the pan along with the basil leaves, and the retained mushroom sauce and bring to a boil for another minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Serve the chicken pieces with the sauce spooned over them.
- 10This tastes great served with pasta and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Chicken With Lemon-mushroom-wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 457.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 26.8 g