Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
PEPPERED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY SAUCE (Microwave 700 watts)
- 30 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 30 g butter, extra
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon marsala
- Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl, cook on HIGH for about 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Brush the chicken with this mixture, then toss in peppercorns.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 minutes, turning the chicken during the cooking time. Melt extra butter in a small bowl on HIGH about 30 seconds, stir in flour, stock cube, cream, wine and marsala.
- Pour over the chicken, cook on HIGH about 6 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens and the chicken is tender; turn chicken and stir sauce several during cooking time. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.