1/5 Photos of Peppered Chicken or Pork Stir Fry.
This recipe really has a lovely but subtle Chinese flavour, easy to cook and easier to eat! its become a firm family favourite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed or 1 lb pork loin, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 dried bird's eye chile
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soya sauce, light
- 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce, dark
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, heaped
- 4 cups Chinese vegetables, prepared
- 1Marinade the chicken or pork in the sherry, 1 tablespoon of Soya sauce, and half of the garlic and ginger. Add the black pepper and return to fridge for as long as possible.
- 2Prepare vegetables, of your own choice, i.e. bok choy, bean sprouts, capsicum, onion, broccoli, asparagus, Chinese leaf, baby corn--a mixture is great.
- 3Blanche asparagus and broccoli for two minutes before adding to the other vegetables. Add the remaining garlic and ginger plus the chili, crushed over the vegetables.
- 4Add the remaining1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce and the dark soya sauce and sesame oil to the chicken stock and thicken with the corn flour.
- 5Drain excess marinade into the chicken stock.
- 6Heat wok; add half of the oil and stir fry the vegetables. Place in warm oven. Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the meat for just a minute or two. Add the liquid, stir until it thickens.
- 7Toss the vegetables in and quickly stir.
- 8Serve with fried rice or noodles of your choice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Chicken or Pork Stir Fry.
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 617.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: