Recipe by carolinafan
One of my favorite ways to prepare chicken on the grill.
Top Review by kristina_garo
When they said "if you don't like hot and spicy, this recipe isn't for you," I should have listened. The pepper was so dominant in this recipe, you couldn't taste anything else, not even the chicken. I might try it again but omit the cayenne pepper and add some paprika instead, but I will never make it with all 3 peppers. Way too strong of a taste.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill.
- Place 2 chicken thighs between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken thighs.
- In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except oil. Brush both sides of chicken thighs with oil; coat with pepper mixture.
- When ready to barbecue, place chicken thighs on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once.