Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was in my latest issue of Southern Living and was submitted by Janice M. France of Louisville, KY and they are wonderful. Peppered Cheddar Muffins
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46-4.92 ml pepper, coarsely ground
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 414.03 ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together milk, egg, and vegetable oil until blended.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F.
- for 18 - 20 min.
- or until tops are golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pans 2 min.; remove from pans, and serve. Yield: 1 doz.
I made these on Father's Day to accompany our dinner. Unfortunately, these muffins didn't pass the mustard...I tried them the next day, cold, to see if that would improve the taste, but they were still very bland. My family couldn't taste that good cheddar zip or the pepper at all. I'm sorry, but I will definitely not be making these again. They do get an extra star for being easy and looking nice, though.