Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in the Food and Drink 2001.
- 200 g firm camembert cheese, cubed, with rind removed
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cracked black pepper (making sure there are no large pieces of pepper)
- Place cheese in a bowl with wine. Cover and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Remove cheese from marinade and place in food processor with 1/2 T of the marinade. (the recipe called for 1 T, but I would start with 1/2 T and work up to personal preference). Add butter and process until smooth. Check seasoning.
- Place a 4" ring, or the wooden box the cheese came in, on a plate. Line with plastic wrap. Spoon in cheese mixture, smoothing the top. Cover and refrigerate three to four hours.
- Remove cheese from plastic wrap (it will remain soft and pliable) and coat with a light hand with the cracked pepper. Serve with crackers.