Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
The avocado/sour cream/lemon "dressing" on this delicious burger gives it a uniquely fresh taste. The pepper refers to both red bell and cracked black pepper. No need to dress this burger with anything else (including salt); there's TONS of flavor here! The ingredients originally called for 400 grams of beef mince and 100 grams of sausage mince, but I’ve converted it to approximate lbs. This is adapted from the Vegemite Cook Book... but I used Marmite for the burgers in the photo. So sue me! ;)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- hamburger bun, toasted in broiler
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef and sausage, Vegemite, spring onions, red bell pepper and egg.
- Shape mixture into 6 burgers (or 4 very large ones). Press cracked pepper onto both sides of burgers.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook burgers until browned on both sides. Of course, you could also grill them to your desired doneness.
- Combine avocado, sour cream and lemon juice and spoon over burgers, embrace them with your toasted buns and E.A.T.!