Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
For a stylish steak dish with a difference try this simple recipe for a flavourful beef-topped salad dish.
- 4 tablespoons French dressing
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 8 ounces new potatoes, boiled, drained and halved
- 2 sirloin steaks
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large bowl, mix together the French dressing and the mustard. Toss in the halved potatoes and set to one side.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Season the steaks well with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Griddle the steaks for 30 seconds each side for medium rare, or to your liking.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the rested steak into thin strips.
- Meanwhile mix together the horseradish sauce and crème fraiche in a bowl and set to one side.
- To serve, divide the dressed potatoes onto four dinner plates, top with the arugula and watercress salad and tomatoes. Finish with strips of beef and a spoonful of the horseradish sauce.