Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Same old bacon, with a twist! Literally!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup honey or 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced bacon
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a broiler pan with foil to facilitate cleanup. Position broiler rack on top and coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Tie each bacon slice into a loose knot and place in a single layer on prepared broiler rack.
- Brush with honey and top with a generous grinding of black pepper. Bake until bacon is crisp and honey is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer, honey side up, to paper towels to drain and cool. Peppered bacon knots can be held up to 3 hours at cool room temperature. Serve in a napkin lined basket.
These were delicious! I tied the bacon in a double knot so there wouldn't be any thin parts to burn. I microwaved the honey for about 20 seconds to make it easier to brush on. Thanks for a great recipe!