Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use beef broth instead of wine. Rare meat thermometer should be 140 degrees. Medium should read 160 degrees Well done (yuck!) should read 170 degrees. Prep time includes the refrigeration time.
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn, crushed
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless New York strip steaks
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Rub pepper over both sides of steaks.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks on both sides.
- Add butter and garlic; cook 4-6 minutes, turning steaks once.
- Add Worcestershire sauce; cook 4-6 minutes longer, turning once, or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Remove steaks; keep warm, Combine wine, mustard and sugar; add to the pan.
- Stir to loosen browned bits.
- Combine corn startch and water until smooth; add to pan.
- Bring to aboil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with steaks.