Recipe by MizzNezz
Fast to fix, and a zesty taste make this a winner.
Top Review by diamonds4heather
Inez, I have never enjoyed steaks as much as since I have been using your recipes! I used some rib eyes for this recipe, and the meat came out perfectly juicy. This sauce was just excellent, I loved the bite it had. SO took one bite and declared it a 5* recipe right away. I served the steaks with some au gratin potatoes and green beans. What a meal! I also really appreciate how easy your recipes are to follow.
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 boneless beef New York strip steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth or 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub pepper over both sides of the steak.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In ungreased skillet, on med-hi heat, brown steaks on each side.
- Add butter and garlic; cook 4 minutes, turning steaks once.
- Add worcestershire sauce, cook 6-7 minutes longer, turning once, until desired doneness.
- Remove steaks; keep warm.
- In skillet add broth, mustard and sugar.
- Stir to loosen browned bits.
- Mix cornstarch and water; add to pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Serve with steaks.