Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fantastic steak sauce, not a drop can be wasted it is so delicious. This is a recipe I found on the Pioneer Woman site (Filet au Poivre) and have modified it slightly making it work with different steak preparations.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns in brine, drained and crushed
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt and lightly brown butter in a small saucepan.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- When ready spoon sauce over steaks or serve at the table.