Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This rub/coating is amazing!
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 4 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin
- In food processor or blender, combine shallots, garlic, brown sugar, coriander, peppercorns, and salt. Process until peppercorns are coarsely chopped. Make sure mixture is well combined. Spread over top and sides of meat inside large plastic bag. Seal bag and allow to marinate in refrigerator 2-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove meat from bag. Place in shallow roasting pan. Replace any rub that fell off. Insert meat thermometer into center. Roast uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until thermometer reaches 140°. Cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.