Recipe by Cookin' in Texas
I found this on Campbell's Kitchen website. Wine, beef broth, shallots and mustard combine to make a sophisticated sauce that enhances the flavor of peppercorn-seasoned tenderloin steaks.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper or 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, crushed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth, Swanson (regular, Lower Sodium or Certified Organic)
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steaks with pepper. Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat 1 minute Add steaks and cook until desired doneness, turning once. Remove and keep warm.
- Add shallots and cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth, wine and mustard. Heat to a boil. Cook over medium heat 10 minute or until sauce is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in butter. Serve sauce with steaks.