1/1 Photo of Peppercorn Gravy
I went searching for this after having fallen in love with it at Del Frisco's steakhouse. This recipe came from the Food Network, but I tweaked it a bit to make it easier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put about 1 tablespoon of steak grease (if you don't have any yet, I used bacon grease I had in the fridge and it worked just fine) in the bottom of a pan.
- 2Add shallots and minced garlic to pan and sautee in grease for 1 - 2 minutes, until softened.
- 3Deglaze with cognac, scraping up bits which cling to the skillet.
- 4Add beef broth and pepper corns, bring to a boil.
- 5In a small bowl, combine heavy cream and starch, mix together.
- 6Whisk cornstarch mixture into sauce and simmer until lightly thickened.
- 7Whisk in mustard, and pour remaining steak juices from the plate they are resting on into your pan!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppercorn Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 166.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g