Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my favourite way to do roast lamb. Juicy and very succulent. We like our lamb very rare so you may want to adjust the cooking time.
- 100 g crushed dried peppercorns
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 250 ml raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 250 ml dry red wine
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- Combine 1.5 tblspn of peppercorns, rosemary, mint, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce & red wine in a bowl. Marinade the lamb in the mixture for a few hours.
- Remove roast from marinade and roll and tie roast with string.
- Preheat oven to temp between 200-250c
- Spread the mustard and rest of the peppercorns over the meat.
- Place roast into a baking tray and pour the marinade around the roast but not over it.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, basting occasionally. Slice roast to nice pieces and pour juices over the top.
YUM YUM! My husband has always said he didn't care for Lamb. I saw a beautiful leg of lamb at the store so thought we'd try it for a change. He raved about how delicious and tender the meat was. True winning dish that we'll have again. BTW 200-225 C = 400 degree F. We also like it rare so the timing was perfect.