Recipe by An_Net
This is my favourite way to do roast lamb. Juicy and very succulent. We like our lamb very rare so you may want to adjust the cooking time.
Top Review by it'scolleen
YUM YUM! My husband has always said he didn't care for Lamb. I saw a beautiful leg of lamb at the store so thought we'd try it for a change. He raved about how delicious and tender the meat was. True winning dish that we'll have again. BTW 200-225 C = 400 degree F. We also like it rare so the timing was perfect.
- 100 g crushed dried peppercorns
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 250 ml raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 250 ml dry red wine
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1.5 tblspn of peppercorns, rosemary, mint, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce & red wine in a bowl. Marinade the lamb in the mixture for a few hours.
- Remove roast from marinade and roll and tie roast with string.
- Preheat oven to temp between 200-250c
- Spread the mustard and rest of the peppercorns over the meat.
- Place roast into a baking tray and pour the marinade around the roast but not over it.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, basting occasionally. Slice roast to nice pieces and pour juices over the top.