Recipe by enigmused
While in Paris, I started raiding my friend's french cooking magazines -- he had cooked these before and said they were amazing.
- 700 g tuna fillets, skin removed
- 7 fluid ounces creme fraiche
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 2 tablespoons armagnac
- black peppercorns, freshly crushed
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover both sides of the tuna fillet well with crushed pepper. Salt lightly.
- Melt butter on high heat and cook fillets 3-4 min on each side.
- Add port and armagnac and flambe.
- When the flame dies down, add creme fraiche and leave on high heat until boiling.
- Let boil until the sauce thickens.
- Salt and pepper if necessary.