Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
A lost Cooking Light recipe
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 16 ounces beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄2 cup fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled
- The beef should be cut into four 4 ounce servings one inch thick. If you can't find a good port use a sweet red wine. cut the butter into small pieces.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Rub pepper evenly over steaks.
- Sprinkle the salt in the pan. Add steaks and cook 2 minutes each side or until browned. Remove steaks and set aside.
- Stir in port and broth and scrape pan to remove browned bits. Reduce heat to medium and return steaks to pan then cook for 2 minutes each side or until done as you desire. Remove steaks from pan. Add butter to pan. Stir with whisk until melted. Drizzle sauce over steaks.
- 1 tbsp jus for each steak.
Absolutely magnificant! The combination of the peppercorns with the rich sweetness of the port was unbelievable. I highly recommend trying this recipe.