Prep 2 hrs
Cook 17 mins
These burgers have a strong pepper flavor. If you want it milder just cut the pepper in half. Prep time includes chill time.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons black pepper, coarsley cracked
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- Mix all ingredients except pepper, cheese and rolls.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Press 3/4 teaspoons of the pepper into each side of the patty.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before grilling.
- Heat grill.
- Grill patties uncovered about 4 inches from medium heat 12 to 17 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- top each burger with cheese slice for last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Serve burgers on rolls.
Very good. The peppercorns provide a nice flavor to the burgers. I did use Swiss cheese in place of the cheddar. Thanks for sharing!
These were wonderful. My husband was looking for a new way to make hamburgers and stumbled upon this recipe. We tried it absolutely loved the peppercorn flavor. It was spicy enough to really notice it, but not too spicy to where it overwhelmed the burger flavor. Thanks for posting!