Recipe by mommyoffour
These burgers have a strong pepper flavor. If you want it milder just cut the pepper in half. Prep time includes chill time.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons black pepper, coarsley cracked
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except pepper, cheese and rolls.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Press 3/4 teaspoons of the pepper into each side of the patty.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before grilling.
- Heat grill.
- Grill patties uncovered about 4 inches from medium heat 12 to 17 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- top each burger with cheese slice for last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Serve burgers on rolls.