Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
Got this tasty recipe from Penzeys Christmas 2006 catalogue.
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 French baguette
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Mix creamy peppercorn with water, let stand five minutes.
- Whisk with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Stir in blue cheese and refrigerate until ready to assemble. This can be done a day ahead of time.
- Fry the bacon, drain onto paper towel.
- When cool, break the bacon into small pieces. This can also be done a day ahead of time.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the baguette into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the slices on a cookie sheet and bake for about 4 minutes, just until they start to firm up.
- Spread each slice of bread with about 1 1/2 tsp of dressing, top with bacon pieces and sprinkle with a few chives.
- Put back in oven until dressing is warm. About 4-5 minutes.