Recipe by English_Rose
This tastes wonderful on grilled meats and fish. This will keep for up to a week in the refridgerator.
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns or 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick the rosemary leaves off the stalks and chop roughly. Keep the stalks. Put 3 tablespoons of the oil in a pan over a low heat. Add the rosemary and allow it to soften in the oil. Add the garlic, crushed peppercorns and remaining oil. Turn the heat off and leave to cool.
- Whisk the vinegar into the shallots and keep whisking as you add the oil, with all the bits.
- Pour into an airtight jar and submerge the bay leaves and rosemary branches. Keep for up to a week.