- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns, fresh cracked
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced and diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the bread ingredients except cheese, peppercorns, and pepperoni in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle and start machine.
- At end of cycle take dough out and punch dough down and flatten; place the peppercons, cheese and pepperoni kneading into the dough. Shape into a round loaf.
- Score top. Place loaves on greased cookie sheet. Cover; let rise until double, about 40 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush each loaf with milk. Sprinkle cheese. Bake until loaves have a hollow sound when tapped, about 30 minutes; cool on wire racks.