Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly diced
- 4 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 4 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, shredded or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- to taste red wine vinegar
- In large skillet, warm the oil over moderate heat. Add onion and cook until softened, but not browned, about 3 min- utes.
- Add bell peppers, toss to coat with oil.
- Cover and cook until the peppers are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil and thyme and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve either hot or cold.