Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We had some frozen blackberries so I made this last week for dinner. It was very different, we loved it.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup blackberries, fresh or 1⁄2 cup frozen blackberrie
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- Heat grill.
- In small saucepan, combine jam, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until jam is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add berries.
- Rub dry seasonings onto both sides of each steak.
- When ready to grill, oil grill rack.
- Place steaks on grill over medium heat and cook until steaks reach desired doneness.
- To serve, spread glaze onto steaks and top with berries.
To try, soon! ******(This is weird, I made this a private note, and it came out as a review?)
Absolutely incredible. I made this for my roommates on a whim and was surprised at how easy to prepare it was. Everyone loved it and could not get over the flavor. Sweet, but not enough to over power the natural flavor of the steak. Awesome Recipe, Dancer.