Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Marinade beef in a Mongolian sauce with vegetables.
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup baby corn, 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup red onion, 1/4 inch strips
- 2 cups leeks, 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup jicama, 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup green pepper, 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup carrot, 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- cornstarch paste
- white pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine beef, salt, sugar, garlic, onion, ginger, baking soda, wine, cornstarch and oil and blend well and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a hot wok 2 tbsp oil adds in the vegetable and stir fry for a minute place into a warm plate.
- In the same wok 1/3 cup oil and flash cook the beef and add in the hoisin sauce and stir fry over a high heat. Pour in the beef stock and bring to a boil and thicken with cornstarch roux. Stirring the mixture and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Combine the vegetables.