1/2 Photos of Pepper Steak With Rice
I first had this for dinner at the house of a good friend and it was delicious! That was at least 10 or more years ago and I still make it for my family and company, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 lb lean round steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (oxo or bouillon will do)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 8 's
- 1Method: While rice is cooking, pound meat to 1/4" thickness.
- 2(I use sandwich steaks, inside or outside round as it eliminates the need for pounding.) Sprinkle meat with paprika and allow to stand while preparing other ingredients.
- 3Using a large skillet, brown meat in butter.
- 4Add garlic and broth and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- 5Stir in onions and green peppers.
- 6Cover and cook 5 minutes more.
- 7Blend cornstarch, water and soy sauce.
- 8Stir into meat mixture.
- 9Cook, stirring until clear and thickened- about 2 minutes.
- 10Add tomatoes and stir gently.
- 11Serve over fluffy rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Steak With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 701.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean round steak