1/1 Photo of Pepper Steak With Potatoes
Often, I read my collection of cookbooks and try something new when I'm not trying something new from Zaar that is. This is from the 2003 Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook and I had to try it only for the fact that pepper steak with potatoes sounded interesting. It is pretty good. I think any cut of steak you could thinly slice will do here. It's a nice family meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used olive) or 2 tablespoons canola oil (I used olive)
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned (I also used red)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth (I used beef bullion granules dissolved in water)
- 1Place potatoes in a glass bowl and cover with water. Microwave for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2Meanwhile, in skillet, saute beef and garlic in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm; drain drippings.
- 3In the same skillet, saute green pepper and onion until crisp tender.
- 4Return beef to the pan.
- 5Add potatoes and pepper, heat through.
- 6In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 7Drizzle over meat mixture and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Steak With Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.3 g