Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe for stove top/oven cooking instead of microwave.
- 1 envelope meat marinade
- 1 lb round steak, cut into strips, about 1/8-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon brown bouquet sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (stems and pieces)
- 3 cups rice, Hot Cooked
- Prepare marinade as diredcted on envelope.
- Marinate beef as directed on envelope; drain well.
- Cover and microwave onion and margarine in 2-qt casserole on high (100%) 1 minute.
- Stir in bouquet sauce, tomatoes, and thyme.
- Mix in beef.
- Cover and microwave 8 minutes; stir.
- Microwave on medium (50%) 10 minutes.
- Shake flour and wine in tightly covered container.
- Stir into meat Mixture.
- Add pepper strips and mushrooms; mix into sauce.
- Cover and microwave until meat is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve over hot Rice.