Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very quick and easy recipe with lots of flavour. Great for a wheatless diet.
- 1 lb sirloin beef tips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 cup broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 large green bell peppers, sliced in rings
- 1 red pepper, sliced in rings
- 1 -2 tablespoon light soy sauce (VH)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Cut steak into 1" cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan.
- On high heat add steak and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add yellow onion and cook until meat is done.
- Add the next 8 ingredients (not the water and corn starch) and cook until the peppers are soft.
- Add the cornstarch to the water and mix well, then pour into the work slowly.
- Cook about one minute until thickened.
Delicious! We enjoyed the taste combination. Use LaChoy or SanJ Tarami soy sauce to keep it gluten free. Thanks for sharing!
Soy sauce has WHEAT in it unless you specifically search out one of the very few and very rare brands that do not. So, please, if you are on a wheatless or gluten-free diet do not use soy sauce unless your soy sauce explicitly says it is free of wheat!