Recipe by cook from scratch
From the Southern Living Cookbook Classics. My husband found this when we were bored with the same ol' thing. It has quickly become one of our favorites!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 ounces diluted beef broth (we use homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially freeze steak; slice diagonally across the grain into 1-1/2" x 1/8" thick strips. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring until smooth; add beef broth and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; garlic, ginger and salt and pepper; and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add steak, and cook 2 minutes or until browned; remove from skillet. Add pepper and onions, and cook 3 minutes or under tender-crisp. Add beef, green onions and broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over hot rice.