Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Taste of Home
- 1 lb frozen sandwich steak, thawed
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 5 hard rolls, split
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in 2 teaspoons oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the sweet onion and green pepper in remaining oil until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the pickles, salad dressing, tomato and red onion; set aside.
- Place the roll tops, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Divide steaks among roll bottoms; top with onion mixture and pickle mixture.
- Replace roll tops.