Recipe by PaulaG
A wonderful crock-pot meal that goes together quickly. Well seasoned, tender round steak served on top of cooked rice of choice for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb round steak, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup ponzu sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Pepsi (diet is okay)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooked rice, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet warm the olive oil. Add in sliced round steak and saute until browned. Place the browned beef and any juices in crock-pot. Mix together the Ponzu Sauce, ketchup, Pepsi cola, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour over all. Cover and cook for 3 hours on low or until meat is tender and cooked through.
- Add onion and bell peppers to crock pot. Stir to combine. Mix the cornstarch with a small amount of water. Turn crock-pot to high, stir in cornstarch mixture and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes check seasoning and if necessary add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in tomato wedges and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Stir before serving. Serve on top of cooked rice of choice.