1/2 Photos of Pepper Steak for Two
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This recipe was adopted from an old cookbook called Cooking for Two by Sue Russell. I love the flavour of this very quick and simple to prepare steak. I highly recommend that you use whole peppercorns that you crack yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place peppercorns in a ziplock bag and crush coarsely with a rolling. Alternatively, you may use a mortar and pestle but you may have the pepper escaping as it's crushed.
- 2Press cracked pepper into both sides of steaks.
- 3In a heavy-based frying pan, heat butter and oil and cook steaks to desired doneness, turning once. (Medium-rare takes about 8 to 11 minutes, Medium takes about 12 to 14 minutes).
- 4Remove from pan and keep hot.
- 5Stir brandy into the pan juices and bring to a boil, scraping the sediment from pan.
- 6Remove from heat and add extra butter.
- 7Pour this sauce over the steaks and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Steak for Two
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.6
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 219.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks