Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was adopted from an old cookbook called Cooking for Two by Sue Russell. I love the flavour of this very quick and simple to prepare steak. I highly recommend that you use whole peppercorns that you crack yourself.
- Place peppercorns in a ziplock bag and crush coarsely with a rolling. Alternatively, you may use a mortar and pestle but you may have the pepper escaping as it's crushed.
- Press cracked pepper into both sides of steaks.
- In a heavy-based frying pan, heat butter and oil and cook steaks to desired doneness, turning once. (Medium-rare takes about 8 to 11 minutes, Medium takes about 12 to 14 minutes).
- Remove from pan and keep hot.
- Stir brandy into the pan juices and bring to a boil, scraping the sediment from pan.
- Remove from heat and add extra butter.
- Pour this sauce over the steaks and serve immediately.
Delicious! Used my old cast iron skillet for this and the meat was very tender and moist. Loved the yummy sauce. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8.
Pepper lovers unite! If you love pepper, then this recipe is for you. So quick and easy to make. I loved the bite of pepper in this steak. The sauce is subtle and also delicious. I used a 1-inch thick strip steak, and it turned out tender, juicy and a perfect medium-rare. This is going straight into my keeper file. Thanks for another terrific recipe, Dreamer. :) Made for Fall 2009 Photo Tag.