- 1⁄2 lb round steak, trimmed (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- hot cooked noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 2" x 1" strips; brown in a skillet in oil for 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour into skillet. Sprinkle meat with pepper. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and green pepper; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cold water, cornstarch and soy sauce; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over noodles if desired.