Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless round steak, 1/2 inch thick cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the steak, green pepper and onion in butter until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, salt, basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, drain.
- Top with steak mixture, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
I was a little worried about trying this, but it worked. I used the round steak and had no trouble at all, The sause was a little thin and i just added half a 6 1/2 oz. can tomato paste. Worked perfect. Thanks Cher.
This is a quick dish, but I think the sauce was a little too thin. Might try to start with one can of sauce. And I think Sirloin would be a better cut of meat for this. Round can cook up a little tough. For someone who is just learning to cook, this would be fine.