Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Put this together in the AM for a good meal after a day of yard saleing. Original recipe came from an old rival cook book.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef london broil beef (etc) or 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast (etc)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or more)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded & sliced in strips
- 1 large red pepper, seeded & sliced in strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons beef base or 1 1⁄4 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- fluffy rice
- Cut steak into 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine flour& pepper.
- Toss with beef to coat thoroughly.
- Add to crock pot with onions, leek, garlic, and 1/2 of the peppers. Stir.
- Combine tomatoes, beef base, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over beef and onion/pepper mixture to moisten well.
- Cover& cook on low 8 hours.
- Can go to 12hr if needed.
- At about 7 hours of cook time add rest of peppers.
- cook approx 1 hr more.
- Serve over Rice.