Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb boneless round steak
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- hot cooked rice
- Trim excess fat from steak.
- Slice across the grain into 2 x 1/4-inch strips.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute green pepper, onion and celery in butter.
- Remove vegetables, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Brown steak in reserved drippings.
- Add sauteed vegetables, mushrooms, soy sauce, pepper and 3 tablespoons water; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables and reserve the drippings in skillet.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water, stirring until cornstarch is disolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to liquid in skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Return meat and vegetables to skillet.
- Serve over rice.