Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother gave me this forgotten recipe from my childhood and now my husband and children beg for it. It's really easy and tastes great.
- 2 lbs round steaks or 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 can water chestnut, drained
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 6 cups white rice, cooked
- Cut steak into bite-size pieces and brown in a large skillet with a little oil.
- While browning cut bell pepper and onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Just cover the now-browned meat with water and add onion and pepper.
- Add soy sauce and one can of water chestnuts.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve corn starch in cool water and add to the mixture to thicken.
- Serve over rice.
looks awesome. gonna try it tonite!!!
I rate this recipe 3 stars for 'liked it'.I measured out 2 1/2 cups of water for step #3. This provide alot of sauce, which was good. It was easy to make.