My mother gave me this forgotten recipe from my childhood and now my husband and children beg for it. It's really easy and tastes great.
- Cut steak into bite-size pieces and brown in a large skillet with a little oil.
- While browning cut bell pepper and onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Just cover the now-browned meat with water and add onion and pepper.
- Add soy sauce and one can of water chestnuts.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve corn starch in cool water and add to the mixture to thicken.
- Serve over rice.
looks awesome. gonna try it tonite!!!
I rate this recipe 3 stars for 'liked it'.I measured out 2 1/2 cups of water for step #3. This provide alot of sauce, which was good. It was easy to make.