OahuPat Abrams's Note:
My mother-in-law Wanda gave me this recipe, and I have made it for 29 years. We reheat half of it the next day, yum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 lbs top round steaks, cut into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In large skillet, melt margarine, add beef and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- 2Saute until browned.
- 3Remove meat from skillet.
- 4Saute onion and green pepper 2 minutes.
- 5Return meat along with tomatoes and bouillon cube.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes.
- 7Blend together cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sugar and salt.
- 8Add to skillet mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 9Meanwhile, cook noodles and drain.
- 10Mix noodles into skillet with meat mixture.
- 11Sprinkle cheese on top and allow to melt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Steak and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.4
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 211.1 mg
- Sodium 1397.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 61.7 g