Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother-in-law Wanda gave me this recipe, and I have made it for 29 years. We reheat half of it the next day, yum.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round steaks, cut into strips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, melt margarine, add beef and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Saute until browned.
- Remove meat from skillet.
- Saute onion and green pepper 2 minutes.
- Return meat along with tomatoes and bouillon cube.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Blend together cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sugar and salt.
- Add to skillet mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles and drain.
- Mix noodles into skillet with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and allow to melt.