Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is the best company dish - everyone asks for it - i make a double recipe and freeze half for a night that i won't want to cook
- 1 lb round steak, sliced very thin
- 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 4 green peppers, sliced lengthwise thinly
- 2 large onions, sliced lengthwise thinly
- 6 tablespoons safflower oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon water (for frying)
- Marinate sliced round steak in soy sauce marinade for 1 hour.
- Clean 4 peppers and 2 onions and slice lengthwise.
- Fry peppers, onions and 1/2 tsp salt in 2 TBS safflower oil in a large skillet until tender.
- Remove vegetables.
- Add 4 TBS safflower oil and 1 TBS water to skillet and fry meat quickly.
- Add vegetables and stir with spatula or wooden spoon, getting the good brown stuff off bottom of skillet.
- Serve over cooked rice, on a roll or in a sub sandwich.
- You can double the marinade ingredients if you want more sauce/goop -.
- The wine helps the marinade absorb so well into the meat, yet you can't taste it at all.
This was very good. 4 stars because not everyone in my family was crazy about it but I thought it was very tasty. I froze the meat in the marinade and then thawed and cooked as directed. Worked very well as a oamc recipe. Thanks for sharing!
This was very good!! It was easy to make and went together very quickly. When frying the peppers and onions, I added 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1-lb. fresh, cut-up broccali. I also doubled the marinade/sauce ingredients and marinaded the meat for 3 hours. I served this over plain, white rice. My family loved the flavor and gave it two big thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!