Recipe by carrie sheridan
this is the best company dish - everyone asks for it - i make a double recipe and freeze half for a night that i won't want to cook
Top Review by JillAZ
This was very good. 4 stars because not everyone in my family was crazy about it but I thought it was very tasty. I froze the meat in the marinade and then thawed and cooked as directed. Worked very well as a oamc recipe. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb round steak, sliced very thin
- 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 4 green peppers, sliced lengthwise thinly
- 2 large onions, sliced lengthwise thinly
- 6 tablespoons safflower oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon water (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate sliced round steak in soy sauce marinade for 1 hour.
- Clean 4 peppers and 2 onions and slice lengthwise.
- Fry peppers, onions and 1/2 tsp salt in 2 TBS safflower oil in a large skillet until tender.
- Remove vegetables.
- Add 4 TBS safflower oil and 1 TBS water to skillet and fry meat quickly.
- Add vegetables and stir with spatula or wooden spoon, getting the good brown stuff off bottom of skillet.
- Serve over cooked rice, on a roll or in a sub sandwich.
- You can double the marinade ingredients if you want more sauce/goop -.
- The wine helps the marinade absorb so well into the meat, yet you can't taste it at all.